Head of Ecommerce
Proximity Recruitment are searching for an analytical Head of Ecommerce to join a global consumer products business in Bedford.
Reporting to the Managing Director as part of a newly created online team this role will manage, develop and optimise the direct to consumer sales activity currently driven mostly by Amazon.
The role will require analytical, creative and core business skills as the candidate will be accountable for the success and profitability of the company’s online sales activity.
- Manage the department as a virtual business including people management, budgeting and P&L ownership.
- Managing work-flow between teams in UK and China to deliver department KPIs.
- Working with online data and product team to define and execute the product strategy.
- Defining and implementing a digital marketing strategy to maximise exposure of several brands and products.
- Analysing and presenting data to other team members and key stakeholders.
- Creating and owning regular business level reporting around core KPIs.
- Identifying new business opportunities / partnerships for future international growth.
- Proactively developing and managing the department budget.
- Developing and maintaining market leading industry knowledge of SEO and ecommerce.
- Bi-monthly presentations to the board outlining performance, growth plans and new initiative ideas.
- Overseeing the MIS of the company and working with the IT department to implement routine reports in line with external data sources from the various market places.
This role will suit an individual with a high level of analytic skills who is able to interpret and act upon data whilst observing the need to be creative and open minded to risk taking. An understanding of Amazon trading platform is critical to this application. Package for this position will be between £60,000 – £70,000 + Benefits.